Natural Remedies for Urinary Health
Edema, UTIs, Interstitial Cystitis, Incontinence, Kidney Stones and Other Urinary Problems
If you haven’t thought much about urinary health, you are not alone. Most people don’t think about this important bodily function until they have a problem. But a lot of people do have issues with their urinary system. Common problems include urinary tract infections (UTIs), interstitial cystitis, kidney stones, incontinence, prostatitis, and benign prostatic hyperplasic (BPH). Learn about natural remedies for overall urinary health.
In fact, UTIs are the most common infections in the world, and particularly for women, They account for 25% of all infections in women and about 50% of all women have reported having UTIs during the previous 12 months.
Interstitial cystitis, also called painful bladder syndrome, is another major problem. This debilitating condition affects an estimated 3.3 million American women. The more common urinary problems in men are prostatitis and BPH, which cause pain and difficulty urinating in about 1.6 million men. Another painful and difficult problem people experience with the urinary system is kidney stones. it’s been estimated that 1 in 11 people in the United States have problems with kidney stones.
The most serious of all urinary problems is chronic kidney disease, which results in failure of the kidneys to function properly. About one in seven Americans will have this problem which tends to get worse over time. Ultimately, about 2 in 1,000 Americans will wind up with end-stage kidney disease, which requires kidney dialyses and may require a kidney transplant.
Urinary Dysfunction an Underlying Cause
However, not all urinary problems are this obvious. Moderate urinary dysfunction can underlie many other health issues including blood pressure, mineral imbalances, weakness of the bones and joints, osteoporosis and more.
If you are one of the millions of people suffering form health problems directly or indirectly related to the urinary system this issue of Sunshine Sharing from Steven Horne is for you, Learn more about the role of the urinary system in overall health, the various health problems associated with the urinary system, and how to use herbs and other natural remedies to restore urinary health!
Things you can do to Improve Urinary Health
- Use the bathroom when you feel the urge and fully empty your bladder.
- Do pelvic floor exercises, kegel.
- Make sure you wear cotton undies.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight and watch what you eat. Limit processed foods and foods high in artificial sweeteners, sugars, and chemicals.
- Drink Water – limit caffeine and alcohol. Avoid sodas.
- Make sure your colon stays rolling. Constipation can put pressure on your bladder and keep it from expanding fully. Make sure you are eating enough fiber or take a fiber supplement.
- Quit Smoking.
- Balance your pH. Keeping you pH balanced is essential for overall health. For more help on balancing pH, check out our pH balancing article.