I love to cook and Punjabi Cabbage and Beets is one of my favorite recipes! This recipe comes out slightly spicy and somewhat sweet!
- 1 head of Green Cabbage
- 1 – 2 Red Beets
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper- Optional, use if you like it with a little zip
- Finely chop cabbage, onion, and garlic. Then peel beets and cut into thin strips or small pieces.
- Add coconut oil to a wok or large fry pan that has a lid and let the coconut oil become liquid.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add Cabbage, Beets and Stir together.
- Then add Butter or Ghee, Black Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Turmeric and optional Crushed Red Pepper.
- Cover and simmer until done.